The event begins Monday the 8th with a reception at the Pixar studio, where the bloggers will get to view footage of Monsters University and see the short film The Blue Umbrella. Things really take off on the 9th with a day full of classes, including:
- English 101: How to Tell a Great Story (led by Kelsey Mann, Story Supervisor)
- Anthropology 152: Monsterizing the World (Dice Tsutsumi, Shading/Lighting Art Director; Robert Kondo, Sets Art Director)
- Sociology 203: The Deconstruction of a Character (Ricky Nierva, Production Designer; Jason Deamer, Character Art Director; Daniela Strijleva, Character Designer)
- Dramatic Arts: Bringing a Character to Life (Scott Clark, Supervising Animator)
- Physics 250: Global Illumination (Jean-Claude Kalache, Director of Photography-Lighting; Sanjay Bakshi, Supervising Technical Director; Christine Waggoner, Simulation Supervisor)
- Roundtable interviews with Monsters University director Dan Scanlon, producer Kori Rae, and director of The Blue Umbrella, Saschka Unseld.
Finally, on Wednesday, the group will spend the day touring the Walt Disney Family Museum. It sounds like an awesome experience!
Here is the list of bloggers I know of that will be attending the event. I'm missing a few, and if you notice only 1 Pixar blogger (@ThePixarTimes) has stated they are attending. I'm guessing there will be a few more announced over the next couple of days, and I will update this list once that happens.
- Shelby Barone (@GlitterfulFelt/@OCMomBlog)
- Stefani Tolson (@mommye)
- Colleen Padilla (@classymommy)
- Kasandria (@waystosave)
- Drew Bennett (@BenSpark)
- Jeana (@SurfnSunshine / @Deals4Dummies)
- Christie O. (@Christieo)
- Mary Edwards (@CouponersUnited)
- Caryn Bailey (@rockinmama)
- Vanessa (@queenofswag4u)
- Deanna (@Mommy_Gaga)
- Charlie N Andy (@HowToBeADad)
- Emily Lyon (@CleverHousewife)
- Tee (@ThatsITMommy)
- Laura and Angela (@aboutamom)
- Yolanda Machado (@SassyMamainLA)
- TerriAnn van Gosliga (@cookiesANDclogs)
- Marshall Weinbaum (@MovieMarshall)
- Tricia (@Nightowlmama)
- Lolli Franklin (@1momof5)
- Samad Rizvi (@ThePixarTimes)
- Julie (@ThePixarPost)
- Derrick Clements (@ThePixarPodcast)
An alternate method would be to look for tweets with the #MonstersUEvent hashtag.
As a side note, almost exactly 1 year ago I published my first blog post. The topic? The Brave Blogger Press Event! Wow, time has sped by! In that first year, I published about 60 posts (not including a couple dozen more that I started but haven't finished!!) and have met some amazing people! For those of you who read these posts, or follow and chat with me on Twitter, I am very grateful! I realize posts have been few and far between the last few months. But I think things will be getting back to order and you'll be seeing posts from me on a more regular (i.e. frequent) basis.
Monsters University opens in the U.S. on June 21! Who else will be attending opening day?