- Brave Little Golden Book
- Brave Big Golden Book
- Merida's Wish
- A Mother's Love
- Big Bear, Little Bear
- Brave Junior Novelization, featuring 8 pages of full-color images from the movie
- A Friend for Merida, illustrated by Disney character designer Elsa Chang
- Brave: One Perfect Day, was written by Pixar artist, comic writer and game designer Steve Purcell, and illustrated by Matt Nolte, the character art director for Brave.
- Brave: The Essential Guide, may be interesting to a wider audience. Following other DK books, it contains movie stills, character images and fun facts. The author is Barbara Bazaldua, who also wrote the wonderful Pixarpedia.
- Learn to Draw Disney/Pixar's Brave (release date is June 1)
Next up is The Art of Brave, scheduled for release on May 30, written by Dreamworks story artist Jenny Lerew. From the artwork and trailers that have already been released, I'm sure this will be an amazing book. Throw in a preface by John Lasseter and forewords by both Brenda Chapman and Mark Andrews, and this is a must-have book for any Pixar fan.
Besides books and toys, there is also the action/adventure Brave: The Video Game, coming out on June 19. And the soundtrack for Brave is also coming out on the 19th. Scotsman Patrick Doyle composed the score for Brave, having also done the scores for Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Thor, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Nanny McPhee.
UPDATE: One note with these books and soundtrack, they will likely contain spoilers. Posts have been floating around Twitter the last couple of days regarding images being leaked from The Art of Brave containing spoilers. And oftentimes, soundtrack titles may give things away. Enrico Casarosa tweeted that the La Luna book has spoilers and requested people not read the book until after seeing the film. On the other had, Elsa Chang tweeted that A Friend for Merida does not contain any spoilers.
UPDATE: Just today, Disney released a trailer for Brave: The Video Game. Thanks to The Pixar Times for posting this!
Post a Comment